WHAT IS NITROFLUKE® INJECTION?
- Synergised combination of nitroxynil and clorsulon
- Outstanding control of liver fluke, including the damaging 2-week old early immature stage
- Controls triclabendazole resistant strains of liver fluke
- Easy to use sub cutaneous injection
Areas where liver fluke is found, typically throughout south-eastern Australia generally where rainfall is 600mm or more or in drier areas where irrigation channels are accessible by livestock. This includes south-eastern Queensland, eastern New South Wales, most of Victoria and parts of Tasmania and south-eastern South Australia.
- Autumn Treatment (compulsory)
7 – 10 days following the first frost. Designed to clean out the fluke prior to the stresses of winter.
- Spring treatment (compulsory)
Break the liver fluke lifecycle by removing any fluke that have survived winter. Prevents the contamination of pasture with fluke eggs as temperatures warm up. This treatment should occur prior to the spring break.
- Summer / early Autumn (tactical)
Recommended for areas with extended periods of warm conditions. Ideal timing is January or February treatment to suppress fluke numbers.
- Mid winter treatment (tactical)
For areas where fluke infection can continue all through the year such as warm coastal areas a mid winter treatment may also be necessary.